Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just in Case

I hope this is not my farewell blog. That said, I like to be prepared and I think I might die today during my weekly "long run." On Memorial Day weekend, I ran eight miles up in Pagosa. The run went fairly well, but I felt a lot more joint soreness and general pain than I normally do. As such, I took a week off from running. The week turned into nearly two weeks except for a quick 3-miler somewhere in there. This morning, I am setting out to run ten miles. While "easing back in" would be nice, I know that our 1/2 Marathon looms large since June 20 will be here in a heartbeat. So, I am leaving now for the ten mile run along the Bosque. My only comfort is that if I collapse, it is likely a bicyclist will find me (only as a function of having run me over since they are apparently a menace on this trail.) Just in case this is our last meeting, thanks for reading and see you on the flip side...

No comments: