Monday, June 8, 2009

Fruits of My Labor

Jackie sent me a postcard with this caption a while back and it seems appropriate now. I am my mother's daughter in that I love gardening. Until now it's just been flowers, but this year I decided to try my hand at vegetable gardening. In early April, I planted tomatoes. Since then I have planted several herbs, cucumbers, bell peppers and zucchini. I used cilantro in a recipe last week, but I don't count that as much of a victory since the cilantro came already grown. Tonight we had the first real product of my work, a big juicy red tomato. I love tomatoes, Daniel isn't much of a fan (apparently, Riley, the dog, is also in Daniel's camp), but he gave it a try. That said, I was in heaven and can't wait to eat through my garden this summer. I leave for Texas in the morning and I am entrusting Daniel with my precious little plants. No pressure honey...
Here's the tomato from a few weeks ago:
Here's me enjoying my delicious tomato:

2 comments:

Daniel Bruce said...

The tomato was awesome. I watered this morning, so I'm determined not to "Kill the Tomato".

No pressure here!

Jackie said...

Really cool! I envy all those fresh veggies you can get from your own yard. I'm lucky to keep a bamboo plant alive.