Tuesday, June 9, 2009

False Advertising

One of my primary "pros" about coming to Dallas for work was that a Chipotle was only a half mile away. I love Chipotle with a love mainly reserved for family members and best friends. Since I don't have a rental car, being walking distance to a burrito and chips was 75% of what made me board the plane this morning... Now I find out that I have to walk across a major freeway to get to the Chipotle. A woman here at work said, "Well I guess you could walk there, but I don't think anyone ever would." I know that over the course of the week, I will find a way to hoof it over there, but it does limit my original plan of having Chipotle for lunch and dinner each day... (I am now eyeing this trip with a more skeptical eye and am going to need some other form of bribery to make it back next month...)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I can't believe you don't get a rental car. They must really want you to just work and sleep.
See if the hotel has a shuttle driver that would take you there at least one way.

Adrienne said...

That reminds me of our trip to Orlando last summer with Sam's coworkers. Per MapQuest, Starbucks was right across the street... turns out, it was on the other side of a freeway and we had to pay a taxi driver $20 to get us there. Just one of the many reasons we didn't care for Orlando.

Anyway, I feel your pain, and hope you're able to find a way to Chipotle!