Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Half-way There

This past weekend, we completed the Steamworks Brewing Half Marathon. I was within 2 minutes of my goal time and Daniel was able to shave almost fifteen minutes off his previous half marathon time. All in all, it was a great race and a great success. We had a wonderful weekend and got to see my parents and old friends and drink many beers. I also got my first race medal and it takes a ton of restraint not to wear it everyday since I am really proud of this achievement. I can say that I still feel completely daunted by the marathon, which is now only 74 days away. There are many miles to run between now and then, but I try to calm myself by realizing that we are half-way there. When I started training in January, I would often think after completing a training run, "I would have to run that same run almost 9 times in a row to complete a marathon." At the time that seemed impossible. Now I can say, "Okay if I can just do that twice, I'm there."

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Congrats! You can at least wear your medal around the house, right?

Jackie said...

That is really awesome E! I'm proud of you guys.
Just the thought of running that far makes me feel tired.