Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Here We Go - Weeks 6 - 11

Well, I have arrived at race week. This coming Saturday Daniel and I will run the Steamworks Brewing Half Marathon. Training over the last few weeks has been primarily good. Highlights: 7-miler in Park City, Utah (see picture of part of the route below), solid 10-miler this past weekend where I was able to beat my goal race pace, 4-miler in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Lowlights: 8-miler on narrow road in Taos, New Mexico (mainly because there was no shoulder and I had to jump in the bushes to not get hit), 1-mile long hill on my 4-miler in Pagosa (BRUTAL – my dad does this hill almost daily and I don’t know how). Nolights: week 6 in which I logged a stunning 2 miles. All in all, my highlights out number my low lights and I’ve felt pretty good about my training. I LOVED this race and the afterparty last year, plus it’s our last visit to Durango before we move. It should be an awesome weekend and a great race. ************************************************************************************** So, my race goals are (in order): 1) Don’t trip at the finish line 2) Enjoy the scenery of my favorite place in the world 3) Don’t miss the start due to waiting in the port-a-john line and 4) Run the race in under 2:30. I think these are mostly doable (#3 does look a little shaky). I ran this race last year in 2:32 and ran my last half in 2:42 (although there was a 7 minute bathroom delay in there). I think sub-2:30 is possible, but I’ll report back post race! **************************************************************************************

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Good luck E & D!