Sunday, July 12, 2009

For Better or For Worse, I am a Runner

I haven't run in the last two weeks. I ran a couple miles on June 29 and my pulled quad muscle (no healing since June 9) and sore knee convinced me to take a run off. That one run turned into four runs off and I missed a major long run the weekend we went to North Carolina. Last week I was in Dallas for work and it was beyond hot. I worked most nights until after 8pm and didn't much feel like running after that. Today I was back out there for six miles. That distance certainly won't get me to a marathon, but it was better than nothing. *********************************************************************************** Although odd to admit, the "not running" has proven to me that I am now a runner. Over the last couple weeks, I have felt off. I felt like I was gaining weight. I was grouchy and lacked energy. I just wasn't the best version of myself. Despite my generally slow pace and my "walk/run" style, I am a runner. When I am running I feel better mentally, physically, emotionally, etc. I am excited to be back in the groove and am determined to keep my eyes on the prize. The marathon is only 55 days away. I know I won't impress anyone with my time, but I will finish...because that's what runners do.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Definitely a good attitude to have and not to mention you'll be in Kauai!